Sat 02 Dec, 11am - 5pm
Join us at the Bluecoat for a festive print making session this December. Print your very own Christmas cards, wrapping paper and decorations using linocut, whilst getting into the spirit of the season with festive tunes and a complimentary tea and mince pie.
During the session you'll be able to learn, socialise and let your creativity flow in the relaxing setting of Bluecoat's Garden Room as you create a pack of hand-printed Christmas cards, wrapping paper and a wooden bauble decoration to take home with you. You can even continue to print at home by taking your hand carved lino block with you after the session.
Your session will be led by a local artist and printmaker. You’ll learn the basics of linocut, how to create and register a multiple colour design and how to print your design using a traditional barren or on our A3 Tofko tabletop relief press. You'll then be given ample time to print your designs and experiment.
- All materials are provided on the day and included in the price of your ticket.
- Feel free bring a simple image or drawing with you on the day as a source of inspiration to create your design from.
- Lunch is not provided in the cost of your ticket, however there will be a lunch break during the course and the Bluecoat Cafe will be open for food and refreshments.
- Our studios are environmentally friendly and use greener methods of printmaking where possible.
- Attendees must be 18+
- All materials needed for your printing session
- 5 cards and envelopes to print onto
- MDF bauble decoration to print onto
- Your own lino block to take home and continue printing with
- complimentary tea and a mince pie