• Home
  • Library
  • Charles Reilly and students in fancy dress at University of Liverpool Architecture Department party at Bluecoat
Charles Reilly and students in fancy dress at University of Liverpool Architecture Department party at Bluecoat
Image

Charles Reilly and students in fancy dress at University of Liverpool Architecture Department party at Bluecoat

1930

The charismatic head of University of Liverpool's School of Architecture, Charles Reilly was an early advocate of Bluecoat as a centre for the arts. He moved his department into the School Lane premises between 1909-18 and convinced the future Lord Leverhulme to buy the building from its owners, Blue Coat School. He is seen here in a chariot being pulled by his students at a party at Bluecoat, circa 1930. Image: copyright University Archives, University of Liverpool.