Sat 17 Feb, 11am - 5pm
Learn the basics of etching, one of the oldest & most unique printmaking processes, at the historical Bluecoat Print Studios.
During this one day course you will learn the basics of copper sulphate etching, including learning about the history, tools & materials of etching and the chemical processes involved in creating a copper sulphate etched plate, as well as inking and printing your design on our fabulous century old Hughes & Kimber Etching Press.
On this course for beginners you will be guided through every step of the etching process from start to finish, leaving with having created a finished edition of prints. All materials are provided on the day as well as a booklet to take away detailing the processes learnt.
- All materials are provided on the day and included in the price of your ticket.
- Feel free bring a simple image or drawing with you on the day as a source of inspiration to create your design from.
- Lunch is not provided in the cost of your ticket, however there will be a lunch break during the course and the Bluecoat Cafe will be open for food and refreshments.
- Our studios are environmentally friendly and use greener methods of printmaking where possible.
- Attendees must be 18+
Course Location: Bluecoat Intaglio Print Studio
- The Bluecoat cafe and building floors are fully accessible for wheelchair users and people with limited mobility.
- The print studios are not adapted for wheelchair users. If you would like to do a print workshop with us but are unsure about accessibility please contact the Print Studio manager at: email@example.com
Bluecoat is located in Liverpool city centre and is easily accessible using public transport.
- The closest bus stop is Tesco Hanover Street
- The closest railway station is Liverpool Central Station