Sat 2 Sep, 11am-5pm
Learn the basics of Linocut and how to design, carve, register and print an edition of 2-colour lino prints.
During this one day course you will be guided through the basics of Linocut, an enjoyable process that makes a perfect introduction to printmaking. You will learn how to transfer an image onto your lino, carve your lino blocks and create a small edition of 2-colour prints. You will also gain insight on the materials and tools used, and how you can continue the process as home.
On this course for beginners you will be guided through every step of the process from start to finish, leaving with confidence in linocut printing and having created a finished edition of prints to take home with you.
- All materials are provided on the day and included in the price of your ticket.
- Feel free bring a simple image or drawing with you on the day as a source of inspiration to create your design from.
- Lunch is not provided in the cost of your ticket, however there will be a lunch break during the course and the Bluecoat Cafe will be open for food and refreshments.
- Our studios are environmentally friendly and use greener methods of printmaking where possible.
- Attendees must be 18+
- The Bluecoat cafe and building floors are fully accessible for wheelchair users and people with limited mobility.
- The print studios are not adapted for wheelchair users. If you would like to do a print workshop with us but are unsure about accessibility please contact the Print Studio manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org