Our gallery, cafe and garden opening hours are 11am - 5pm, Tuesday to Sunday. We will review these times periodically and hope to resume our full hours as soon as possible.
Our community of creative retailers is now open. Contact them individually for opening times.
Our Bistro remains closed until further notice.
Covid safe measures
We are continuing with several practical measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- While we are not required to ensure social distancing in the building, we will carefully manage the number of people in our galleries, cafe and hub to make sure our visits feel comfortable in the building. You might be asked to wait if we have reached capacity.
- In line with the latest government guidance, you are not required to wear a face-covering in our building, but may do so if that makes you feel more comfortable.
- We have hand sanitiser stations around the building and encourage visitors to make use of these.
- We have implemented increased cleaning of communal areas, including high contact points such as door handles.
- Café tables and chairs will be cleaned after each use.
- There will be specially trained staff at regular points around our building to answer your questions.
- Please avoid visiting the Bluecoat if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19. For more information on these please visit the NHS website.
Do you have a question about our Covid safety measures? We’ve covered some common queries in our Frequently Asked Questions below. If your question is not answered here, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 0151 702 5324.
Do I need to book?
No, we are not currently using a booking system to enter the building. We will carefully manage the number of people in our building at any one time to ensure our visitors feel comfortable. You might be asked to wait if we have reached capacity.
How do I access Bluecoat?
Entry to Bluecoat is via our front gates off School Lane.
Our College Lane entrance will be open periodically, however it can be closed at any time to help us maintain a safe number of visitors in the building.
Do I have to wear a mask?
In line with the latest government guidance, you are not required to wear a face-covering in our building but may do so if you feel more comfortable.
What exhibitions will be open at Bluecoat?
The exhibitions take place in our spacious galleries with ample room for social distancing.
Will there be exhibition leaflets available for information?
We will have leaflets, brochures and paper copies of interpretation available in our galleries to accompany the exhibitions for you to take home.
What facilities are open at Bluecoat?
Our Café will be open from Tuesday - Sunday, 11am - 5pm. We will monitor the number of people in the space and you might be asked to wait if we have reached capacity.
Our garden is open Tuesday - Sunday, 11am - 5pm.
Our upstairs Bistro remains closed.
Our toilets and baby change facilities will be open to visitors. It may be necessary to close the toilets for a short time to allow for additional cleaning during opening hours.
Our community of creative retailers are open, some with reduced opening hours. Please contact them individually for times.
Are you accepting cash?
Yes, but we recommend that you use contactless card payments if possible.
Will events and family activities be taking place?
Our dedicated Family corner in the Hub, designed by Harold Offeh, has a variety of activities for children including free activity packs, books and interactive busy boards. Click here to find out more.
When will the print studio be open?
Our print studio remains temporarily closed for hire, but we are slowly introducing a series of one-day workshops. Take a look at those here.
Will Blue Room be re-starting in the building?
Blue Room, our inclusive arts programme is back in the building. Get in touch to find out more.